Meet New Zealand’s Quality and Superior style self drive tours feature a selection of small, intimate Bed & Breakfasts offering a more personal experience.
- Quality style tours stay in Quality Bed & Breakfasts, mid-range hotels and 4-5* self catering motels.
- Superior style tours enjoy Superior Bed & Breakfasts and superior class hotels.
You will have opportunities to mix with your hosts and fellow travellers, in a relaxed and friendly environment. All Meet New Zealand hosts are selected for their high standards and genuine interest in their guests.
Each Bed & Breakfast has its own distinctive character and style.
Meet New Zealand’s Quality and Superior Bed & Breakfasts mostly have just 2-4 rooms.
Traditional Kiwi hospitality is offered in very comfortable private homes.
Hosts have frequently travelled extensively and just love spending time with their guests, making them feel welcome and relaxed. Delicious breakfasts are a specialty.
The quality bed & breakfasts we select all have private bathrooms or en-suites. Examples include:
- Country Villa, 351 Dalbeth Road, Rotorua
A completely renovated and restored Victorian style villa.
- The Baywick Inn, 51 Domett Street, Nelson
Located in a quiet garden setting, along the Maitai River.
- Teichelmann’s Bed & Breakfast, 20 Hamilton Street, Hokitika
An historic home and medical rooms built in 1910.
Superb hosted accommodation is provided in substantial private homes or upscale boutique hotels. All the rooms have en-suites or private bathrooms.
Frequently our superior bed & breakfasts have extra special features which may include distinctive architecture, tasteful decor, stunning gardens and outstanding locations. Some are in older historic buildings with special ambience and charm.
Hosts delight in providing special breakfasts and exceptional service. Guests are frequently invited to enjoy a pre dinner drink in the evening with their hosts. Examples include:
- Lighthouse Lodge, 1 Lighthouse Road, Napier
Sunny, Mediterranean style with sparkling sea views.
- Westwood Lodge, State Highway 6, Franz Josef
Offers views of the rainforests and Southern Alps.
- The Dairy Private Hotel, Cnr Brecon & Isle Streets, Queenstown
Takes its name from the original 1920’s corner store.
- Fletcher Lodge, 276 High Street, Dunedin
Originally the private residence of a leading NZ businessman.